The Board of the Hellenic Botanical Society (HBS) aims to implement, with the active collaboration of fellow members and particularly young scientists, a series of activities on various subjects related to Plant Science as well as conservation and management issues of our natural environment, in cooperation with scientists of various disciplines.
Cooperation between all Society members is indeed necessary in order to enable HBS to fulfill its goals: promote education and research related to Plant Science, publicize activities and contribute to the confrontment of modern issues of plant-related social and environmental problems.
The Board welcomes all your suggestions on new subjects for inclusion on our website that may be of interest to you or others (e.g. new publications, relevant links, etc). Suggestions for novel activities and initiatives to be pursued by HBS are also welcome.
On behalf of the H.B.S. Board
Professor Costas A. Thanos
- 13th EURASIAN GRASSLAND CONFERENCE (EGC)
- Greek Summer School in Conservation Biology, Zagori, Greece, 27 June to 8 July, 2016
- Exhibition "Flora Graeca"
- 2016 IUFRO Tree Seed Physiology and Technology Conference
- Speech 'Flora Graeca Sibthorpiana and the botanical exploration of Greece'
- 15th Panhellenic Scientific Conference of the Hellenic Botanical Society
- Atlas of the Aegean Flora
- 7th Seminar of the French Society of Phytosociology
- 6th International Conference on Landscape and Urban Horticulture
- World Congress “Aristotle 2400 Years”