The Board of the Hellenic Botanical Society (HBS) aims to implement, with the active collaboration of fellow members and particularly young scientists, a series of activities on various subjects related to Plant Science as well as conservation and management issues of our natural environment, in cooperation with scientists of various disciplines.
Cooperation between all Society members is indeed necessary in order to enable HBS to fulfill its goals: promote education and research related to Plant Science, publicize activities and contribute to the confrontment of modern issues of plant-related social and environmental problems.
The Board welcomes all your suggestions on new subjects for inclusion on our website that may be of interest to you or others (e.g. new publications, relevant links, etc). Suggestions for novel activities and initiatives to be pursued by HBS are also welcome.
On behalf of the H.B.S. Board
Professor Costas A. Thanos
- Seed Ecology V - Seeds in the Web of Life
- Institute for Field Biology - Field Courses 2015
- Prof. Arne Strid will be awarded with an honorary doctorate at the University of Patras
- 6th Balkan Botanical Congress - 2nd Announcement
- ECOPLANTMED International Conference 'Ecological Restoration in the Mediterranean region: Challenges and Opportunities'
- 14th Panhellenic Scientific Conference of the Hellenic Botanical Society
- International Meeting “Photosynthesis Research for Sustainability – 2015” in honor of Dr. George C. Papageorgiou
- Postgraduate Studies Programme 'Conservation of biodiversity and sustainable exploitation of native plants (bnp)'
- 12th European Dry Grassland Meeting: From Population Biology to Community Ecology
- 6th Balkan Botanical Congress